The trial aims to improve upon Brighton & Hove Buses’ current system.
Passengers will be able to check-in via m-Ticket using the existing on-board ETMs, but they will be automatically checked out once they have left the vehicle. This will allow us to explore innovative new fare schemes, for example ‘Pay As You Go’ travel where passengers only pay for the transport that they’ve actually used.
The trial will take place in March 2019, across 2 busy bus lines in the local area and incorporate approximately 50 vehicles.
We worked with IVU Traffic Technologies and StadtVerkehr Detmold to build the new SVDsmart app and back office as a replacement for the existing app and ticketing scheme.
- A branded app for real time information and mobile ticketing
- Easy-to-use web portal to manage riders and tickets
- QR codes for on vehicle validation
- Tight integration with IVU.suite
- Live operational data to improve route profitability.
We worked with Esoterix to build the SevernNet buzz app and accompanying back-end system as a replacement for their existing smartcard scheme.
- App integration with Hex Tags for right-to-travel validation
- Provision and setup of Hex Tags for vehicle identification
- Onboarding and training for drivers, inspectors and other staff
- Bespoke passenger events server system
Ticketer selected UrbanThings as their partner to deliver a high quality m-Ticketing solution
UrbanThings worked with Ticketer to develop and publish ZipTrip, a bespoke mobile app built on top of our tried-and-tested core code. Additional features include:
- Support for in-app ticket purchase and 2D barcode ticketing.
- Multi-tenancy store allowing individual bus operators to showcase their products.
- Integration with card and web payment services.
- User account hosting for integration with in-house CRM systems.
- Purpose-built customer facing web portal for account management.