UrbanThings launched their smart ticketing platform Ticketless™ to the City of Ipswich in partnership with Ipswich Buses.
We worked with Ipswich Buses to provide a passenger app and accompanying cloud-based back-office reporting system for use on their services.
The Ipswich Buses app launched in November 2019 and is available for iOS and Android.
- RTI and m-Ticketing app for Ipswich Buses
- Barcode ticketing via integration with Ticketer ETMs
- Smart back office with passenger analytics
- Institutional Ticketing
- Back end retail reports and export capability
- Released in November 2019
- Fully managed and updated
Our company had been looking to develop and launch our own m-ticketing and journey planning app for some time. We are always looking for new ideas to attract and retain customers so having our own app was the next natural step after successfully launching contactless payments. It was important to Ipswich Buses that our app was white labelled and was not a generic product. When we met Carl and his team they were very accommodating and showed a genuine interest in our business and our requirements. They have worked seamlessly with our own team to develop and launch the app.
Steve Bryce - General Manager, Ipswich Buses
UrbanThings partnered with Pilkington Bus in Lancashire to provide flexible mobile-ticketing with zero on-board hardware required for their school services.
UrbanThings worked with Pilkington Bus to develop a replacement app for their existing ticketing system. The Pilkington Bus app launched in June 2019, after a delivery period of only 4 weeks. Their school services vehicles did not have ticket machines installed, and therefore UrbanThings’ Hex Tag technology provided a practical low-cost solution.
- A branded app for timetable information and account-based mobile ticketing
- Back office with comprehensive passenger usage statistics for operational intelligence
- Easy-to-use Web portal to manage riders and tickets
- Check-in via Hex Tags using passenger smartphones as ticket validators
- Secure symbol display for visual validation
- Ticket Gifting
- Parental notification for school services
Since the introduction of the Ticketless app, we've seen an increase in passengers using mobile ticketing, as well as a decrease in fraud due to the various security measures the app has in place. We're looking forward to seeing the new innovations that will be added to the app as the product develops.
John Threlfall - Pilkington Bus, Lancashire
We worked with IVU Traffic Technologies and StadtVerkehr Detmold to build the new SVDsmart app and back office as a replacement for the existing app and ticketing scheme.
- A branded app for real time information and mobile ticketing
- Easy-to-use web portal to manage riders and tickets
- QR codes for on vehicle validation
- Tight integration with IVU.suite
- Live operational data to improve route profitability.
The Ticketless app has proven to be a very attractive product for the city of Detmold and is very well suited to offer simple ticketing on a mobile phone. The app was quickly introduced thanks to the professional and dedicated project management of UrbanThings and IVU. With the planned expansion, the app will quickly become the central component of the digital sales strategy of the city of Detmold.
Wolfgang Janz - Managing Director, Stadverkehr Detmold
UrbanThings partnered with Esoterix and SevernNet to bring Ticketless to passengers in Avonmouth
The SevernNet buzz app launched in Q2 2018 and is available for iOS and Android
We worked with Esoterix to build the SevernNet buzz app and accompanying back-end system as a replacement for their existing smartcard scheme.
- App integration with Hex Tags for right-to-travel validation
- Provision and setup of Hex Tags for vehicle identification
- Onboarding and training for drivers, inspectors and other staff
- Bespoke passenger events server system
"UrbanThings is a continually forward thinking organisation, pushing ideas and boundaries all the time."
David Stewart - CEO, Esoterix
Ticketer selected UrbanThings as their partner to deliver a high quality m-Ticketing solution
UrbanThings worked with Ticketer to develop and publish ZipTrip, a bespoke mobile app built on top of our tried-and-tested core code. Additional features include:
- Support for in-app ticket purchase and 2D barcode ticketing.
- Multi-tenancy store allowing individual bus operators to showcase their products.
- Integration with card and web payment services.
- User account hosting for integration with in-house CRM systems.
- Purpose-built customer facing web portal for account management.
We sought UrbanThings as our mobile partner because of their demonstrably strong track record in building robust and feature-rich apps. We look forward to working closely with them to realise out vision for the future of public transport.
John Clarfelt - Managing Director, Ticketer